- Full time, permanent role
- Reporting to the Senior Group Accountant
- Attractive salary package and benefits
Aquila Resources Pty Ltd is a Perth based company with interests in iron ore and coal projects within Australia.
The function of the Accountant is to provide support to the Company’s Finance team to ensure accurate and timely month end reporting and other finance activities within the Company.
General accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and reconciliations for Head Office and wholly – owned subsidiaries in Australia and overseas;
- Preparation of group consolidation, and monthly financial reports;
- Monthly GST review, preparation of monthly BAS;
- Assist Senior Group Accountant, and Group Financial Controller with financial and taxation reporting when required;
- Involvement in budgeting and forecasting activities;
- Involvement in year-end audit processes;
- Assistance in Account Receivable & Accounts Payable functions when required, and
- Other projects and ad hoc duties as required.
This role will suit a candidate who is degree qualified and has between 2 and 4 years’ experience in a similar role. Additionally, the successful candidate will have:
- Currently possess, or studying towards a CA/CPA
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organisation skills
- The ability to work autonomously and within a collaborative team environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and accounting software (experienced with GreenTree desirable)
- High level attention to detail
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload
- Though not essential, it would be advantageous if the candidate possess experience within the mining/resources industry.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with working in a great team environment in a modern office in the Perth CBD. Also on offer is a competitive remuneration package.
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note, Aquila does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and are not responsible for any related fees. Agencies should not forward resumes to jobs advertised or directly to Aquila employees.