The Accounts Payable / Administration Officer’s role is to perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that Aquila’s finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner, whilst providing administrative support to the business.
This role requires the successful candidate to work 3 days per week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 8.30am - 4pm. Reporting into the Senior Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for;
General accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving and verifying invoices for goods and services received from mail and internet, stamping and collating into individual files and distributing to authorising officers:
- Ensuring invoices are authorised and correctly coded for input;
- Date entry of supplier invoices and any other data entry for the finance department into the Greentree accounting system;
- Following up relevant invoice queries, collating and processing payment runs;
- Verifying and reconciling monthly bank and credit card statements;
- Month end requirements;
- Reception/office administration duties
- Kitchen Maintenance and restocking
- Ad Hoc tasks as required by the finance department.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role. Additionally, the successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organisation skills;
- The ability to work autonomously and within a collaborative team environment;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Intermediate Excel skills.
Though not essential, it would be advantageous if the following criteria was also met:
- Certificate IV in Accounting.
- Certificate III Business Administration
The successful candidate will be rewarded with working in a great team environment in a modern office in the Perth CBD. Also on offer is a competitive remuneration package.